Friday, August 22, 2008

And the Opportunities Keep Coming

Even though I didn't want to, I went to my old school this afternoon to do a friend a favor.  I have to admit that I was a bit overwhelmed when I went inside the campus, the horizon's so different I felt like entering a new world.

Yeah, I missed my old school.  I spent almost 9 years of my life and I learned a lot from there. I miss my teachers, the routines, the canteen, and even the monthly activities. I felt awkward for a moment because nobody knew me when I entered. Haha! Do I sound so full of myself? It's just that everyone knows everybody there, from pre-nursery up to 4th year high school, and everyone knows each and every family background of each schoolmate.  We're like a big family to make it short. But yeah, times have changed, I left the institution 8 years ago so I don't know anybody anymore.

I was able to meet my mentors and had some little chitchats. When I went to the admin office, the school registrar asked me to teach in Grade 1 NEXT MONTH to replace a teacher who had just resigned. And I said NO. Haha! I have a signed contract in my present job so I cannot accept the offer. I left my contact number for tutorial jobs though so I'd settle for that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...