Thursday, August 11, 2011

Easy Scam


There have been numerous victims of internet related scams and if you don't know how to scrutinize each scam, you will be left dumbfounded and always at the losing end. Scams are everywhere so we just have to be wary and cautious when something or someone is making you an offer that sounds too good to be true.

I am a member of this site called EasyOutsource which caters to Filipinos who are seeking employers from the US and other parts of the world. Most of the work are home based like data entry, SEO marketing, virtual assistant, among others. Fortunately, there were people who are interested to get my services and I am happy to be working for them. After all, income is income.

However, there was a ludicrous offer from a man named Benson Edward who sent me this letter.

Dear Au pair/Teacher
I wish to Start this way, I am a American family currently transferred to
United Kingdom on a 2years contract as an Engineer working with
British Liquidified Natural Gas(BLNG).
However i have 3 kids with the age bracket of 7, 5, 1. I have two boys and a girl., I am looking for an aupair/Teacher or Nanny from Any Country that can speak English and is willingto stay with us for a minimum of 1year and maximum of 2years.
I am a Professional/Expatriate that is why i need a Au pair/Teacher for my
kid daughter, My kid is fairly easy going and relaxed, she would enjoy
someone with lots of energy and enthusiasm and most importantly God fearing aupair.
Having English as a first language is not all that required and in fact, we
would entertain you speaking to her in English.
I only seek an Au pair/Teacher or Nanny for basic child care and light
housework. If you accept to take a position with us, you would be paid
1200pounds monthly with a weekly 200pounds pocket money.
Hence we are doing anything that would motivate the intending Nanny to put
in his/her best in taking care of our child.
You shall have a private accommodation bedroom attach with a private
bathroom. A Fixed land phone and an Internet ready computer. Do well to send
me your references Picture or resume, and i would get in touch with you
after looking into it.
Should the outcome be positive, i would send you employment Letter. I shall
discuss travel arrangements in due course of which I would be of generous
assistance to you.
You can reach me on this email addresses: benson.edwardfamily@yahoo.comI sincerely look forward to hearing from you.
Best Wishes,

Had I been a nincompoop, I would have replied and sent my resume as fast as I could but since the offer sounded hideous, all I had to do was google and look what I have found out. So I felt safe in knowing that the person is a sham but I thought about the others who might be victimized so I sent a letter to the EasyOutsource administrator to report about the person. So far, I have not received a reply yet. I believe that  it is my obligation to report scams to the administrators so that the others who are honest and serious in finding a job would be warned. It is just a sad reality that there are heartless people who take advantage of the other people's weakness.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...