Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Ticklish Plant

When I was in elementary, my friends and I loved to play with Tickle Me plants; we call them Makahiya here in the Philippines. Makahiya is a Filipino word that means “shy” and the plant is all that. Tickle Me plants are very sensitive, its leaves fold when touched and that is why it’s called Makahiya. It’s often compared to a shy woman who bows her head when someone’s wooing her. You can grow this plant anywhere and it is a common plant here in the Philippines because we see it everywhere.

I remember way back, my friends and I always bet on who among us can pick the Tickle Me plant leaving the leaves unfold. Nobody would win as expected. This plant is enjoyable to grow because the kids and kids at heart will be fascinated with tickling this plant. It’s easy to maintain and grows fast, you don’t even have to wait for months just to play with it. However, I have to remind you that this is not a toy. LOL.

If you want to have a Tickle Me plant of your own, you can go to this site and place your order.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the TickleMe Plant. It was so much to grow indoors. Thank you for finding this site as I am ordering the TickleMe Plant Party favors for my sons Birthday.. That is a way cool green party favor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...